Monday, June 15, 2009

No Picture of Obama at the Missouri Veterans Home.

I went to see my dad this past Saturday. My father is a disabled veteran that lives at the Missouri Home for Veterans. (A great facility) When you (usually) walk into the Home, immediatly to the left of the front doors are pictures of the President and Governor. When I walked in Saturday, the home was displaying a picture of the new Missouri Governor, Jay Nixon, but in place of where the picture of Mr. Bush was was not President Obama, but a small, slightly askew picture of another man. I didn't give it much thought, at first, but my irritation has steadily grown through Sunday, and now I can't get it out of my head. This is the letter I emailed to the Missouri Veterans Home. I'll keep you posted as to what unfolds.
-russ.

My name is Russel Kelly. I am the son of Steven P. Kelly, Navy Veteran and resident of the Missouri Veterans Home. I visited my father on Saturday June 13th for the first time since December. I would love to see my father more often, but I attend school out of state. One of the things that I always notice apon entering the home is the prominent display of our president and governor. I was happy to see that the home is prominently displaying the picture of our new governor, Jay Nixon. I was concerned, however as to why a picture of our President was not displayed in the Veterans Home. My question is why is there no picture of our pesident in the Missouri Veterans Home? I am very proud of my father's service and the service of all Missouri Veterans. Displaying a picture of our president in our Veterans facilities shows support for our nation and honors our brave men and women who have served to protect our freedom. Thank you for your service to Missouri Veterans, inparticular, my father. The Missouri Veterans Home is a wonderful facility with an outstanding staff. I look forward to working with you to get our Commander and Chief back on the walls of our Missouri Veterans Home.

God Bless,
Russel Kelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment